Founded and led by doctors, The Doctors Company is the committed to only charging premiums based on dental professional claims. The Doctors Company has a deep understanding of dental-specific issues and provides unsurpassed protection to over 101,000 medical and dental professionals.
ASK ABOUT OUR NEW DENTIST DISCOUNTS!!
The Doctors Company Mission: Defend, Protect, Reward
The Doctors Company is fiercely committed to defending its members, beginning with an ironclad consent-to-settle guarantee. And the company’s innovative Litigation Education Retreats help members facing claims to be active participants in their own defense.
National perspective and local knowledge enable The Doctors Company to anticipate emerging trends and deliver innovative solutions. Industry-leading patient safety programs and resources help members implement effective safety protocols, resulting in significantly fewer allegations of malpractice.
The Doctors Company rewards its members for their loyalty and commitment to superior patient care with the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial award. More than $23 million is currently earmarked for Tribute Plan awards for just dentists nationwide. Eligible clients also participate in the company’s generous multiyear dividend program, which has returned over $415 million in dividends since the program’s start in 1976.
Privacy and data security exposure is the fastest growing threat to your dental practice. As a member, you receive cyber liability protection as part of your core coverage in the amount of $50K. CyberGuard protects you against claims arising from the theft, loss, or accidental transmission of electronic patient information, as well as regulatory fines and penalties, and the cost of data recovery.
The nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer, The Doctors Company has $6.5 billion in assets and maintains a conservative financial posture. The company is rated A by A.M. Best Company and Fitch Ratings, and Ward Group continues to name it to its list of the 50 best insurance companies.
Benefits at a Glance
- Consent-to-settle clause
- Defense limits outside the policy limits
- Claims-free discounts of up to 10 percent
- The Tribute Plan, an unrivaled financial reward
- Convenient payment plans
- Prior-acts coverage when transferring from another claims-made policy
- Part-time practice discounts of up to 50 percent
- Coverage for dental assistants and hygienists at no additional cost
- Corporation and PA coverage with shared limits at no additional cost
- Available to all dental specialties
- Free tail coverage for death (protects your estate), disability (you can no longer can practice dentistry), and retirement (full retirement after five consecutive years of coverage with The Doctors Company immediately preceding retirement)