Recognizing latex allergies is an important patient safety precaution.
A 43-year-old registered nurse presented to his dentist for a regular teeth cleaning procedure. After several years of daily use of latex gloves and medical supplies, he developed a severe sensitivity to latex that ultimately resulted in anaphylactic reactions to most latex exposures.
Prior to his scheduled appointment, he contacted the dental office and informed the staff about his severe latex allergy. The dental ...Continue Reading →